4002 Spring Garden St, Suite A, Greensboro, NC 27407
It takes dedicated people to be professional caregivers and homecare workers. Experience the Hearthside difference, and Choose to Be Happy with your Home Care Provider. Hearthside staff bring their passion for caregiving and we provide ongoing support and lifelong training and learning opportunity to them.
During the summer months, especially on the weekends, make every effort to take your physical routine outdoors. Protect your skin. 30 minutes, 40 minutes, 45 minutes, any minutes are better than no minutes! Your health will thank you for it! You’ll sleep better, feel better, and have more energy! Also, heart matters – your heart will thank you! More people die from heart disease in the United States than all other causes, including all forms of cancer.
Ask us how we can help get you into a routine that suits your individual needs!
John H. Graves has written an interesting book , The 7% Solution, in which he reminds us that age is a state of mind. Afterall, age doesn’t matter unless you’re cheese or wine, right? Our in-home care clients in the Piedmont Triad teach us this daily. In his book, The 7% Solution, Mr. Graves talks about the honor of work and he states that our attitude is our driver. We all can choose our attitude – this we know, and the leaders at TRP Enterprises TRP Enterprises, in Winston-Salem, NC, have been our excellent teachers, in not only this, but in teaching us the power of practicing gratitude gratitude. So thank you Mr. Graves, and thank you Sanford and the late Thomas White!
We too believe that age is a state of mind. Eat right, exercise, get your sleep, and enjoy life to the fullest! Your brain will thank you! Your knees will thank you! Your Feet will thank you! Your whole being will thank you!
As with any health tip advice, always be sure to check with your medical professionals before embarking on or changing habits and routines affecting your health.
Here are a few knee health tips:
1. Don’t skip exercise, even modified exercise if you can not carry out what has been your normal exercise routine.
2. S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G is good for knees. Here are some suggested stretching activities: step ups, butterfly stretches, straight leg lift, hamstring curls, and planks*.
3. Lose excess weight. If for example you are 20 pounds overweight, by taking off those 20 extra pounds, you should notice an immediate difference in how your knees feel!
4. Wear proper shoes. Shoes with heels closer to the floor are optimal.
5. Be mindful of your posture – standing up straight is always better than slouching! *doing planks helps improve your posture because it helps strengthen your core.
To your health!
Stay strong! Show Up Strong!Seniors receiving home health and in home care in Greensboro, NC-Looking for some tips on how to increase longevity by at least 50 percent, and live longer, healthier, happier lives at home?
We can thrive with a little help from our family and friends. Over 148 research studies have confirmed that strong ties to friends and family not only feeds our souls but makes us healthier! No matter what your age or your physical health condition, a strong social network can add years to your life. A social network tool like Facebook can help you share your life and photos with loved ones. …. We can choose our friends who can become part of our family…
Stay tuned for some more tips on how to become and stay better connected!
Here’s the first tip:
1. Join Facebook and share your life and photos with loved ones.